Friday, March 21, 2008

The Price Hill Wall

So, have I mentioned that the wife and I desire to have traditions?! There's something about leaving a legacy that is so intriguing...

Robyn has begun working on the 3rd "wall" in our house. First, there was The Bride Wall. Every bride in the family, going back as many generations as possible, has a picture on our dining room wall from her wedding day. The legacy of our family. They are our past. For better or for worse.

There are 5 old old old photographs of our house on the living room staircase wall. I assume they are from the late 19th or early 20th century, as there are no dates on them. The legacy of the structure in which we live. Some of it isn't the greatest legacy to speak of, but it's still history. History doesn't have to be pretty.

And now, Robyn is working on The Price Hill Wall. There shall be a portrait of our family surrounded by images of the places in our community that we think fondly of. One of our family traditions is to hit up St. Lawrence Bakery on Saturday mornings, so a bakery pic will go up. Robyn walks to the post office with Toby, so a post office pic will make the wall. We enjoy walking to the grocery store, so a Kroger pic will be on display. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Of course, the church is gorgeous, and the view of the facade was a contributing factor to us purchasing this house, so a church photo is required as well. One beautiful sunny day last month, Robyn handed me the camera and sent me on a mission. Here are a couple of my favorites, even though I'm pretty clueless with a lens:


I'll post more pics when the wall is complete.

4 comments:

brk said...

the second and third photographs are killer.

scott d said...

thanks man... it couldn't have been a more perfectly clear february day.

Anonymous said...

I love that last one. The angle is unique (also it makes me a little nauseated) (but so does most everything).

Anonymous said...

I envy yur keen eye with the view finder. Very nice shots.

Dan