To ivehadtoomuchcoffee:
I didn't vote for John McCain. Just felt the need to clarify. My vote went to someone that has approximately a 0% chance of ever being elected to a higher office than he currently holds. My vote was a symbolic one. If it wasn't so cliche to say so right now, I'd call it a vote for change. I wondered whether voting for someone with no chance of winning was a wasted vote, but I cast it anyway.
My main point was that politics will never save anyone. My head is not in my rear, it is firmly held to the rest of my body via neck. I don't think your desires are silly or that your thoughts aren't intellectual.
While we're having a little blog conversation, feel free to tell me why abortion is such a great idea. The way I see it, abortion is the intentional killing of an innocent life. That's the biggest issue to me. And that is something that I cannot reconcile with my faith.
I should've known that introducing politics to the blog would bring us here. The whole topic is painful. So polarizing. Everything is either left or right, right or wrong... party lines... what a mess it all is. And that mess is seemingly the only common ground on both sides.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jesus seemed to dislike the politically active of his day. Pharisees, etc.
I did notice a trend in Jesus' interaction with those who were not in political power. He didn't argue with people about politics, rather he let the offensive things go and just loved them. This is much easier said than done, but if other's salvation is more important than my political values, I figure I must be willing to concede my less important views (financial) or the ones non-believers are likely to have... right now (because they don't know Jesus- separation of church and state, abortion, etc.), so others won't obscure what Jesus looks and acts like. I know you believe this too, but I'm just talking for me now.
Not to dodge the question, Im going to think on it. But Ill answer your question with a observation and a question of my own. First, it seems to me that the concern here is over the term "innocent" People are adverse to the 'murder' of what is called innocent life, which in my mind, seems to be the point that polarizes the whole abortion thing. A baby is innocent, therefore it deserves more of a chance than the woman carrying it does to life, to protection, to...love? Here is my question: Are you for the death penalty?
Post a Comment