Dateline: East Price Hill, 9:30pm last evening
Robyn was in the kitchen, Levon and I were in the living room. Robyn someone urgently asked me to come and look out the back kitchen window. There was little need for me to move, as I could see the flames from where I sat, but I got up to get a better sightline anyway.
The flames appeared to be inside the house behind us. And there appeared to be a lot of them. In my opinion, it's better to call 911 first and ask questions later than to investigate the situation and call 911 too late. Right? Please, tell me I'm right... (!)
Levon jumped the fence and ran toward the easily-8-foot flames. The flames turned out to be coming from the front porch. From an unattended grill. Our neighbor got it under control about 2 minutes before the firetruck arrived.
Note to self: don't leave grill unattended, or a concerned neighbor might contact emergency services.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's crazy what an unattended grill can do to a slab of ribs! My Boo boo last summers. Flame central! Lesson learned: A good grillmaster never leaves his or her grill..! Stand by your grill.
Dan W
Post a Comment