A long, long time ago (post-marriage, pre-conception-of-The-Tobe), I was listening to Lance McAlister's local sports talk show when he asked a trivia question. I knew the answer, so when he said "the first person to email the correct answer to me wins a gift certificate to... hold on... I know I have it here... (delay) well I don't know where the gift certificate is from, but the first emailer will win a gift certificate to a restaurant here in town," I fired off the answer as he went to a commercial break.
3 minutes later, he comes back on the air... "Congrats to Scott in College Hill, he was the first person to correctly answer the trivia question on email, and for his efforts he will receive a gift certificate to Hooter's..." I started cracking up. What was I going to do with a Hooter's gift certficate??? I don't frequent the place, they don't deliver, and even with a gift certificate I won't walk through those doors.
Leaving Toby's doctor's visit late this afternoon in Springdale, we decided to use these multiple-year-old vouchers, because we're cheap and wanted to get rid of the gift certificates. Robyn went inside to get the food. We decided that anyone who claims he eats there because "their wings are really good" is a liar. It's not that the food is terrible, it's that their food isn't markedly any different from BW3 or any other comparable restaurant whose servers aren't scantily-clad. If a grown man needs an 18-year-old in her underwear to serve him food, he needs help. And shame on him for encouraging young women to be a part of it.
OK, now is probably as good a time as any to step down from my soapbox and remove a few planks from my eye...
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know why you would eat any wings other than Quaker Steak Wings. That's just sad really.
And going back to your comment last week about cheerleaders not wearing any clothes. I've come to correct you. USC's cheerleaders still wear full sweaters at football games.
Post a Comment