Thursday, September 14, 2006

Squash

Off and on for the past couple years, I go through spells of trying to eat healthier foods and smaller portions. Sometimes, this isn't a problem, as I like green leafy vegetables and chicken breast, so a nice grilled chicken spinach salad works just fine. But one can only eat so many grilled chicken spinach salads before going clinically insane, so more options are necessary.

Well, my weight is still comfortably above the Mendoza Line, so new dishes are being tried here in the Duebber household. One of the meals that we've tried and don't hate is spaghetti squash. I had no idea what this was, as I grew up eating lots of meat & potato dinners. Go figure, if a spaghetti squash is cooked and opened up, the contents make a reasonable substitution for pasta. Just add sauce and seasonings and voila! a healthier edition of spaghetti dinner is found.
Toby even got in on the action tonight. He liked it... and now Robyn's giving him a bath...

Before dinner, as The Daddy Guy (err... I) went over songs for tonight's band practice, Toby decided that he wanted to play. I think I could get used to that.

1 comment:

Butros Butros said...

DUDE!! I love spaghetti squash!!




...that's all I got.