Friday, February 29, 2008

Sign That I've Been Listening to Too Much AM Radio

The following songs have been stuck in my head for most of the past month:

"F-R-E-E-that-spells-freeeeeeee...
Cred't-re-port-dot-com-bay-beeeeeeeeee..."
...and...

"Let's get universal health care
Let's get out of Iraq
It's time for change in Congress
So I'm backing Black"
It's not just that I don't need a credit report (I don't). It's not just that I think government-sponsored healthcare is an absolutely horrible idea (I do). It's that the songs are just absolutely obnoxious and painful. [confession: the credit report commercials do occasionally make me giggle...]

That's it. For the next 3 days, it's pandora.com and mp3s. I'm throwing the radio out the window. Jars of Clay, Derek Webb, Matt Wertz, The Bittersweets, Jill Phillips, Caedmon's, Ellery, Iron & Wine, Aqualung, Pat McGhee, Nickel Creek, possibly a little Dashboard... go ahead, take me away to my happy place. I need you now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to use capital letters now.

WHO LISTENS TO DASHBOARD TO FIND THEIR HAPPY PLACE? WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU?

That is all.

Kelly said...

that credit report commercial is on all the time on tv as well. it gets in my head too. steve likes it. give him a hard time about that!