- This college thing is already kicking my butt, and it hasn't even started yet. I'm excited. My first class is this Tuesday. I have 7 students. That rocks. I can't wait to bore them to tears with accounting.
- Yahoo has officially launched fantasy baseball 2008. Life is good for me and my male friends. (Life is bad for our wives.)
- Robyn and I started attending a house church. We have every intention of staying at Impact for the foreseeable future, but have been wanting to check out some of the local churches as well. The house church meets at the home of a very impressive family, and it's been a very different and enjoyable experience.
- My first foray into interior decorating is complete and was successful. Robyn suggested that I design a room, and I took her up on it. Call the Queer Eye guys, because I enjoyed it. I'm currently blogging from my redesigned alcove, and I'm digging it. Pictures to come...
- My wife is amazing. God knew what he was doing when he decided that women would bear children... because there's no way in hell men could ever do it. Robyn thinks she looks fat, she thinks she's a complainer, she thinks she makes me put up with a lot of crap. She has no clue just how wrong she is. Daily, she deserves an extra brownie explosion (insert explosion sound here) or a bonus tray of Bagel Bites for her unprecedented awesomeness. Even though crazy things are going on inside her body, and even though she's ridiculously tired and her body hurts all the time, she somehow manages to take care of me and a 2-year-old day-in and day-out. No weekends off, no holidays...
- I continue to be amazed at the intelligence of my 2-year-old son. As of yesterday morning, he only knew 1 number. (Anytime we asked him a question such as "how many?" he always confidently answered "2", which was hilarious.) Tonight, with Mommy's help, he counted to 8. He must know 300 words by now. It's ridiculous.
- As soon as I posted about how awesome the Pimp Boat has been for me, I knew something bad was going to happen. And it did. Well, not really bad, but it did get hit. The joys of not having a driveway... the assailant could have at least left an "I'm sorry I ran into your piece of crap car" note on the windshield. But they were probably too inebriated to make such a courteous decision. Pictures to come...
- Speaking of the inebriated, I'm bothered by the amount of drinking that occurs inside vehicles in front of my house. I'm also bothered by the beer cans in the street in front of my house. I have no problem with alcohol, but the combination of alcohol and cars bugs me. I have some potentially dangerous thoughts about this as well (related to the ethnicity of the drinkers), so as soon as I sort them out, I'll post them, and then you all can help me develop a more Godly mindset.
We were hoping to take a vacation, but no dice. I hope I can find some time to get some of this stuff posted, as this is one of those crazy times in life that should be documented so that I can look back on it and never let my calendar get so full again. I thought I learned that lesson in college... maybe I'll learn it this time in college.
No comments:
Post a Comment