I drive past Trotta's Pizza (@ Werk & Glenway) constantly. I have fond memories from childhood of my family getting Trotta's carryout back when they were on Queen City. Many months ago, I saw the sign advertising their new topping of choice: Glier's goetta.
Why it took me so long to purchase a goetta topper will have to remain a mystery. It's freaking amazing. And also, it's gone.
Add in the fact that I had a goetta & pepperjack omelette on Saturday morning at Price Hill Chili and no one should be surprised when I have that heart attack tonight in my sleep. Just know, friends, that it was worth it all.
(I think Sebastian's is on the docket for tomorrow night, so let's all hope the heart attack holds off until another evening.)
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
and if you've never been: Santorini's on Harrison in Cheviot has, hands down, the best breakfast on the west side. $4.95, all day, 2 eggs, BIG pancake, goetta, hashbrowns, and juice / milk. i'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
and i still say that camp washington chili has the best chili in all of cincinnati.
I have had Trottas twice in the past 6 months, but I never remember having it when we were kids. One place I've always wanted to try is Mio's pizza. Ever had it?
Sebastian's...!!! Wow, best Gyro in the county. I use to hit the place up monthly when I was delivering out of Western Hills PO. Killer fries too. I 2nd camp washington chili....great eats!
Dan W
colleen - renee and i just finished a mio's (now Westhaus) pizza tonight. it's been my favorite pizza joint for months now - fantastic cheese, perfect crust, and a great sauce that's just a little sweet.
scott - as if trotta's over-garlicked (it's a word) crust wasn't bad enough, they had to put goetta on it? i believe that is what the good book refers to as "the abomination that causes desecration". look it up.
so on a more serious note - you know you guys need to call us next time you are venturing to sebastian's, cause it's been far too long since i've been there and we're right down the road. mr. warnock, you are absolutely correct - the finest gyro around.
i miss sebastian's greatly. i think i stuck around cbc for an entire year longer than i would have simply for their gyro's.
honestly.
i really can't think of another reason as to why i was there my entire sophomore year.
simple math:
_____________ + goetta = better _____________
brian... the answer to your equation is "omelette". it's the most correct answer i can think of.
I was going to say what rustypants said, which makes sense, because he introduced us to Santorini's. Goetta and Blueberry pancakes mmmmm
Post a Comment