Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lord, Thank You For My Pimp Boat

A big chunk of rust fell off the bottom of my car the other day. Apparently, underneath, there are some pieces of the car that have rotted away. Daily, more chips of paint leave their home on the rear passenger door. Maybe they think the grass is greener elsewhere, I'm not sure, but I miss them.

It can be a little embarassing when pulling into the office parking lot. To say that all my co-workers have expensive cars would be a lie, but it's not a stretch to say that my car is the biggest piece of crap in the lot. It certainly has the least paint, and probably also the most rust.

I think the Pimp Boat is now the oldest car in the office lot. The guy who used to have the oldest car recently retired. Of course, that oldest car used to be the nicest, as it was a mint-condition 1970-something Corvette.

As much as I enjoyed that one time I got to drive entirely too fast on the way to that parade 5-mph in that parade in
my cousin's car... as much as I wish I still had my Honda (R.I.P., old friend)... as much as I wish I had a car manufactured within 6 years of this decade... heck, as much as I wish I had my sister's old car that used to be my old car that now has over 200k miles... I must say:

Jesus, thank you for the inexpensive car that has faithfully started every morning for the last 27 months. And please, let it keep running for a long time so that the financial resources you've blessed my family with can continue to be used on things that matter, instead of stupid cars.

(And if the Pimp Boat happens to die sometime soon, please give me the humility to buy another piece of crap wonderfully underpriced vehicle instead of being tempted to buy something reliable that looks nice.)


Thanks for listening to me talk about things that I know matter little. You're always good for that.

1 comment:

Ceen_Marie said...

You are hilarious, bro.