Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm a Big Loser

My how times have changed. For the last 2 years, the only TV Robyn and I watch (except for miscellaneous sporting events where I watch TV by myself) has been American Idol. We still watch very little television, but a couple weeks ago, while sick, we happened upon The Biggest Loser.

Two weeks ago, while we watched the show, I ate a bag of kettle corn popcorn, then some ice cream. Does that count? Is that in the spirit of the show?

Last week, Robyn watched by her lonesome while I skipped out and ate Skyline with a friend. If it matters, I had chili cheese fries. Also, I had already eaten dinner with my wife and my son. How'd I do? (Robyn told me the show was just fine.)

It's no secret that I'm unhappy with my weight. I've considered myself overweight for most of my life since middle school. I've had some success in dropping weight, but I always put it back on. I'm not too far away from that all-time high from last January that made me want to puke. I lost 25, then I slowly gained 17 of it back. So that sucks.

Tonight, we watched and I didn't eat anything. I haven't eaten anything since dinner. How embarrassing it is to call such trivia a success. After the show was over, I did some sit-ups and push-ups. And now I hurt.

Pathetic. At least I don't miss Idol. But I still miss Simon. Love that guy.

3 comments:

B-Call said...

what you need is some goetta.

if you really want to lose weight, go on the Brian Callahan weight loss program. ignore those severe abdominal pains for a year, eat some jambalaya, go to the ER, stay in the hospital for a week, don't eat anything for about 10 days (and very little for the next month afterword) and have your gall bladder removed.
do all that and you'll drop 20 in a month.
that's results baby!

what about my boy Milo last night? giving a great name to social workers everywhere.

Darren said...

I understand your frustration. I eat like a champ when I'm stressed (which is daily). I know what to do to lose weight, but I'm completely unable to take my own advice.

Em on the other hand listens to my advice and loses 30+ pounds which is the equivalent of a male losing 70 pounds. Ticks me off.

Anonymous said...

Don't lose weight now... If Bob starts losing weight now I will be mad. But then Robyn (has to be) is more rational person than I.

BTW I came here with promises of naked cowboy picture and I am not disappointed, I linked several of my friends to the entry, they too were much amused. It wouldn't let me leave a comment on that entry though. :(