Friday, January 11, 2008

My(Abandoned)Space

It had been over a year since I had updated my MySpace page. I had never done anything with my Facebook page other than signup. I was logging in to MySpace once per month, only to delete p0rn0graphic friend requests and delete stupid comments from spambots. I only logged into Facebook a few times in the entire time I had it.

Last night, I deleted both of my accounts. MySpace makes you give a reason. I said:
I don't really use it. Also, I'm tired of being contacted by people I don't want to be contacted by (including, but not limited to, people who don't exist).
Essentially, I signed up for social networking sites because I thought it would be a cool and convenient to connect with people. Then I canceled my accounts with the social networking sites when I realized I already connected (either in person, or by phone, or by email, or via the blogosphere) with all of the people I want to connect with.

Bye, Tom. I'll miss you. Actually, not really. But you know. It's courteous to at least say goodbye, right?

1 comment:

B-Call said...

you should just praise god that you never received anything from Mike in Fairfield.
i still haven't found that guy yet. but when i do...