Sunday, August 24, 2008

Scriptural Bingo

Tobe is quite the singer. He knows an impressive number of songs for such a young pup. VeggieTales songs, bible songs, the alphabet song, nursery rhyme songs, kiddie songs...

Every afternoon and evening, as he is put down for bed, Robyn and I sing to him. Robyn sings "Jesus Loves Me", and I sing a medley of "Jesus Loves Me", an original that I "wrote" one night trying to get him to sleep when he was an infant, and "My God Is So Big..." He has a variety of CDs that he likes to listen to.

Tonight, he came up with an odd combination... aggressively singing:

"B... I... N-G-O and Bingo was his name... O. For the Bible tells me so..."

Awesome. Toby, the nursery rhyming reverend.

Yesterday, we decided to go through the McDonalds drive thru for some ice cream on the way to the awesome playground at Fernbank in Sayler Park. I asked him if he wanted a sundae, he responded affirmative, saw the golden arches and busted into a rousing rendition of "McDonalds... Old McDonald had a farm... E-I-E-I-O..."

The kid is a singing fool.

No comments: