I was blissfully unaware that I was harming my marriage by going back to work so soon after Toby was born. He was born December 28... my accounting calendar fills up beginning January 1... I think I was back to work on January 3, and things seemed to be going well at home, so I didn't take any more time off. I saved those vacation days for later in the year, as I get 10 days and they are so precious that I hate using them in January or February! I want to save them for November and December, you know, just in case I need them.
I thought about going in and working a couple hours starting at 4am this morning, so I could accomplish things and not see any of my co-workers. No offense to them, I like them quite alot, I just know that my first day back will include much talk about the events of the past week. And that doesn't lend well to getting workstuff done. The last business day of the month has a few important things that need to get done, and they don't take all that long, so I was tempted to go be (economically) productive. Instead, I blogged until 2am (!) and absolutely did not wake up to go in.
Tomorrow is the first business day of the month. There is no more important workday in this accountant's month. I missed the last business day, and tomorrow I will miss the first business day. I feel like a slacker. But it's ok. I emailed my boss earlier today to let him know that I'll be in if he tells me to be. His reply? "Stay home." Thanks boss!
I have been trying to keep up on business emails, just in case something actually is urgent. On Wednesday, I received an email that said "I need this done ASAP". Then they got my auto-reply: "I am out of the office and am unsure when I will return." (How's that for vague?! I'm quite proud of it!) Their reply to my auto-reply? "I know you will be in the office tomorrow. I need the info by 10am."
Really?! You "know" that I'll be in the office?! Who gave you such poor information?! That 10am deadline occured 12 hours ago. And, ummm... they did not get their precious information. And I've yet to receive any hatemail. So, I guess everyone is going to survive until I can get back to the office.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"...i wouldn't say i've been missing work."
nice! :)
Post a Comment