2 weeks until the due date (that we respectfully disagree with). Wow. It's July.
I think I had a mild anxiety attack today. Not totally sure. If I had anything other than just the normal stress, I wouldn't know how to diagnose it anyway. (Officially, there's nothing wrong with me, but I've self-diagnosed myself with various ailments including a torn ACL, diabetes, athsma, depression, and a torn rotator cuff in the last 6 weeks, so I might be dead. I'm unsure.)
I have 4 "busy seasons" at work. The first 10 days of January, April, July, and October. That's when my workload is the heaviest. In the back of my mind, I have this ridiculous fear that Robyn will go into labor before I get all my work done. It's a ridiculous fear because WHO CARES when she goes into labor! I will be leaving work whenever Aimee decides to enter this world regardless of the completion of my work. So why stress over it?
Of course, logical reality hasn't always been my strongpoint. But that's ok. I just need to bust my ass at work for the next couple days. That should put me in position to make sure my boss doesn't have to pick up too much of my slack, regardless of when I disappear.
All this means... there... will... be... another child... in my house... soon... AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! That's crazy. It seemed like just yesterday when I proposed to Robyn, and when we got married, and when she told me she was pregnant with Toby, and when Toby was born, and when she told me she was pregnant with Aimee...
Time flies. I used to roll my eyes a bit when hearing "old" people talk about how fast their kids grew up. How all of a sudden, the kids grew up and everybody got old. I definitely believe it now. The months and years seem to go by faster and faster the older I get.
So... focus, Scott. It won't be long before you'll be looking back on your life. What do you want to see? Do you want to see a big bank account or flashy possession? Or do you want to see a strong marriage and "successful" children and a life devoted to loving the people God put in my path?
I'll tell you what... when I lay down next to my wife at night, and feel Aimee kicking the everliving crap out of her, and when my little man gives me "big big bear hugs" and squeezes my neck... the last thing on my mind is anything of this world. May it remain so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hear, hear!
Post a Comment