Save the occasional nap, there have been very few evenings I've slept alone. There have been a couple overnights in Detroit on business, a week in the Netherlands on business, and a couple girls-only vacations. I never sleep well without my wife beside me. Usually, I do what I'm doing right now: staying up way too late, trying to wear myself out so that I'll be able to fall asleep without my love by my side.
But of all the times I've gone to bed without my wife, this may be the most interesting of circumstances. Robyn was due with our baby on Sunday. Robyn's sister Meghyn was due with her baby on Saturday. Sisters... due... 1 day apart. Well... Meghyn has either already brought Marley into the world, or very soon will. And Robyn is at the hospital, waiting.
And I'm sitting here by myself, listening to The Tobe sleep. (The poor kid's world is about to be rocked. Not just one new baby, but two!)
How crazy would it be if Robyn went into labor right after her sister gives birth???
I guess I better get some sleep. But I should probably pray first. And I pray better when I'm not on the lappy, so... g'nite all. Maybe the next post will be from the hospital? Maybe?
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment