I'm a BBQ freak. Pulled Pork. Beef Brisket. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
When in College Hill, I lived 3 minutes* from Walt's on Colerain. I miss living 3 minutes* from Walt's. I lived even closer to Goodies on Hamilton, as that was only about a quarter-mile up the street.
I miss them. I know of no place to eat good BBQ in my new neighborhood. I haven't done an extensive search, but I know of nothing. Until now...
Kevin LeMaster casually mentioned (and subequently confirmed via email) that Goodies will be opening a Price Hill location less than a kilometer from my house.
Goodies is different than Walt's or Big Art's... it definitely has a more southern taste. More of a "stick to your ribs" kind of food. And I doubt it will replace Walt's for the annual fantasy baseball draft festivities... Regardless, I'm excited to be getting a good BBQ place close to home.
(*Literally, 3 minutes.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i've been a HUGE pit 2 plate fan for years and years - their texas smoker lures me every chance i get.
i always laughed when i heard people from cincinnati talking about BBQ because they usually mean Manwich. once i ate P2P, i never laughed again.
and darn you for mentioning BBQ because i don't have time while in town to stop over and get some....
grrrrr!
Post a Comment