Tobe is in Gatlinburg with his mommy, aunt Ceen, and Grambee. I told Robyn that I would like to, if possible, talk to him a couple times while they are gone. My dad was gone alot when I was growing up, and I have positive memories of the nights when I got to talk to him on the phone, as well as less-than-positive memories of the nights when I didn't get to talk to him on the phone.
Phone conversation #1 went pretty much like this:
Me: Hi, buddy!
Tobe: (silence)
Me: Toby? Are you there? Are you on vacation?
Tobe: Yes. (silence)
Me: Who are you on vacation with?
Tobe: (incomprehensible mumbling)
Me: Are you with Mommy?
Tobe: Yes.
Me: Are you with Aunt Ceen and Grambee?
Tobe: Yes.
Me: What did you do today?
Tobe: (silence)
Me: Did you eat dinner?
Tobe: No. (silence)
Me: Oh. Are you going to eat dinner?
Tobe: (silence)
Me: What are you going to have for dinner?
Tobe: Peepah.
Me: Peanut butter?
Tobe: No, PEEEE PAAAHHHH.
Me: Oh, pizza?
Tobe: Yes.
Me: That's good! You're a lucky boy, going on vacation and eating pizza!
Tobe: (silence)
Me: What else did you do today?
Tobe: Bah.
Me: You saw a bear?
Tobe: No, BAAHHH.
Me: You went to a bar?
Tobe: No, NEW BAAHHH.
Me: Oh, you slept in your new bed?
Tobe: Yes. OUT.
Me: You climbed out of your new bed?
Tobe: Yes. Dada bye bye (beeping from hitting phone keys) Dada bye bye, Dada... (line goes dead)
Well, I feel like we had a nice conversation, don't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PEEEE PAAAHHH YOU KNUCKLE HEAD, PEEE PAAAHHH..!!
AWESOME..!!
Post a Comment