- Not being current on church reimbursement
- Not being really done with my college teaching job
- Not having my family's taxes completed
...but I absolute suck at paperwork.
Robyn pays the bills and takes care of the money in our house. Good thing, too, because if I was in charge the bills probably wouldn't get paid on time.
Financially, we were a little tighter than we should have been. Robyn wondered why... looked at the credit card bill... gracefully inquired why I had made a few hundred dollars worth of musical purchases...
My college teaching gig was almost complete. I loved it! It was such a good experience that I hope will happen again. And as proof that I wasn't in it for the money, I didn't turn in my students' grades on time...
I knew our taxes wouldn't be a huge deal, as TurboTax makes such a ridiculous process rather simple. But the weeks kept going by, and tomorrow's deadline kept drawing closer and closer... and the stress was mounting...
All I had to do was fill out the church form, and the church would reimburse me. All I had to do was turn in grades. All I had to do was get our stuff together and fill out the forms. Why didn't I just do these things?
As of last night, all 3 of these tasks have been checked off the list. And I feel lighter. And all 3 completed tasks will bring an influx of cash to our household. Maybe that's proof that I'm not addicted to money or the pursuit of money... so I guess that's a silver lining to my frustration...
No comments:
Post a Comment