I own a Jon Kitna Bengals jersey. There. I've said it. It has been collecting dust in the closet ever since the Kimo game. Not one time have I worn it in the last 2 years and 9 months. Why didn't I get rid of it? Unsure. Call me a bit sentimental, I suppose. Or maybe just mental.
Toby finally outgrew his toddler black Palmer jersey over the summer. He wore it alot, and it just doesn't fit him anymore. It has been passed on to Aimee, as I will never be encouraging her to get any sort of cheerleading apparel.
Tobe got his new ORANGE Palmer jersey and wore it to church on Sunday. (A bunch of us stayed to watch the Giants game on the big screen while eating chili and such, so jerseys were more prevalent this past Sunday.) Aimee wore Toby's old jersey. Robyn dug out the trusty ol' Kitna jersey for herself.
This gave me a vision. This gave me a purpose for holding onto such an irrelevant piece of fabric. This was a monumental thought... ok, I'll get to the point:
I want to be on Straight Cash Homey.
I'll gladly take your suggestions on how to make this happen. Should I just wear it around town, hoping that a fellow SCH reader will see me and take my picture and submit it? Or should I stage a pic? (Some SCH posts seem to be staged, but others are clearly not.)
I'm now accepting reader submissions for what kind of Kitna picture would best be suited for Straight Cash Homey. Maybe on my knees in prayer in a church building? Maybe leading worship? I need your help. (Translation: Callahan, I need your help.)
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1. Wear the jersey while doing some sort of janitorial or fast food work. Since, you know, this will be his next line of work.
2. Wear the jersey everyday for a month in hopes that someone will see it and click it. This is great because the best pics are of the old, crusty jerseys. You should also not shave during this period.
3. The praying idea may hold some promise. Since he doesn't have a prayer in Detroit.
I'll try to think of some more, but that's all I've got right now.
The problems are that he's still playing and his Cincy days aren't that long ago. The longer its been since the player wore the jersey, the better. Kitna may be a better chance on SCH in a few years.
Sorry.
Thanks for directing me to yet another time wasting endeavor.
Post a Comment