Monday, September 29, 2008

The Andy Gullahorn House Show

'Twas a really nice evening here at the Duebber castle. We sure know how to pack things in to make an eventful day...

We hustled out of church... Robyn had to get to a friend's baby shower (with Aimee), while Toby and I were to finish getting the house cleaned and set up for an event. Translation: I was to finish getting the house cleaned and set up for an event while simultaneously keeping track of a hyperactive, disobedient toddler. Let's just shout out a big "THANKS" to Aunt Ceen for being a big helper with the kitchen and errands and food prep!

Thankfully, Toby decided to be a pretty good boy. We even got to watch the end of the Bengals' game together, after everything was cleaned sufficiently. My goodness, do I love this little fella... his personality continues to develop, and I'm loving getting to know my boy. And, as usual, he was affectionate and caring toward his little sis.
Our new housemates were moving things in as the earliest guests were arriving. Toby "helped" them move in. And then he called me from Geoff's bluetooth. The technology that this kid already knows how to use is mindboggling to me.He also got to play with some of his favorite people, and play on stacks of chairs, and listen in during the first half of the concert. What a good life!We pretty much had a packed house for Andy. And the living room floor didn't collapse under the weight of 27 adult bodies, so our structural renovations may now be officially considered a success.Andy does a real nice job of mixing storytelling and music and comedy. Really, it's all interchangable. Thought provoking, entertaining, you name it. In the audience, there was much laughter, much smiling, a few amens, some tears, and an overall appreciation for Andy coming to spend the evening with us. I think everyone had a good time.
I had the pleasure of spending about an hour with Andy after the show. I won't ramble on about all the details... but suffice it to say he arrived as a minor celebrity and left as my friend. House shows are the way to go. Maybe we'll try another one someday.

No comments: