(1) This morning, at the gym, I worked out as hard as I ever have. Not to go all Biggest Loser on everyone, but it was a "last chance workout" of sorts, as my doc appointment was this afternoon. I busted my butt, and it felt great. When I finished, I checked my calculated statistics: 777 calories burned. (I always look away for a minute when I'm at 666 calories burned. Not quite sure why, as I'm not a superstitious person.)
(2) This afternoon, while driving home from my doc appointment, I was listening to the radio. The topic du jour is, of course, the financial crisis. I'm so thankful for where I'm at, mentally, right now... a few months/years ago, I'd be panicking. But now? I'm cool. There's nothing I can do about it. It's out of my hands. So the Dow falls and my Roth IRA drops a few thousand bucks... oh well. The stress just isn't worth it. "It is what it is." By the way, it dropped 777 points.
It's all good. We're all gonna be ok.
_________________________________
Doc was pleased. The official doctor's office scale showed a weight loss of 11 pounds this month, although I beg to differ. I think, in reality, I've lost a couple more than that. I'm up today because of last night's smorgasborg at the Andy Gullahorn show. My unofficial goal is to get down to 170 pounds, but Doc says he sees no reason for me to go any lower than 178. Either way, I still have a ways to go, but this month's progress is freaking fantastic.
My blood pressure is still high. So, we'll see if that can be dealt with sans medication. I sure hope so, although genetics are a bitch to overcome. And no more antidepressants. I've noticed no difference that I attribute to the meds... I'm doing better because I'm working out and dropping weight and sleeping better and not stressing about stuff that I can't handle. You know, like the stock market.
Dang, those cookies were good tonight. I earned them, too. Maybe I'll get to have a couple more when I'm celebrating next month's weight loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the weight loss. That takes a lot of hard work. As you know I mean a lot. Great job.
Post a Comment