Friday, September 12, 2008

Health Update

I feel about a million times better than I did a fortnight ago. And, wow, it feels good to feel good.

Two Fridays ago was the perfect storm: physical pain, physical exhaustion, mental exhaustion, family stress, employment stress, money issues, car problems, etc., etc., etc.... To be honest, I have more of those kinds of days than I like to admit, but they aren't completely the norm.

The gym has become my new best friend. Awake at 5:15 every weekday morning, I'm burning off 600 or so calories before consuming breakfast. Then a bowl of healthy whole grain cereal. A chicken breast over whole grain pasta at lunch. A reasonable dinner. I'm drinking at least a gallon of water a day. (Yes, that's alot. Try it. You'll pee alot.) No sugar drinks, no snacks, no desserts. Just healthy foods, small portions, and lots of working out.

I feel pretty dang good. Down approximately 7 pounds in 2 weeks. Already, my pants are fitting better. Already, I have tons of energy. I'm never hungry. If I am hungry and a meal isn't happening within an hour I'll grab a banana.

Seeing/feeling results is motivating. And, unlike past attempts to get healthy, this feels sustainable. No idea where my blood pressure sits today, but it's gotta be down from 14 days ago, that's for sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better!! My dad and sister go to the gym every morning and mentioned seeing you there! You are good...5:15...I can do that, but I just roll out of bed and go downstairs to my treadmill! Have a great weekend!

Julie

Anonymous said...

That's Julie Miller by the way (Evans, whatever)

Dan Warnock said...

At-a-boy Scott. Sounds like you have a great game plan in place. I hope you keep on course.

Don't forget a little fun food on occasion....you know, a little ice cream with the kid....T'is good for you too!! A reward you might say.

B-Call said...

i was going to type something deep and meaningful, but then i dropped my jelly donut and lost my thought.