My boss got sick on a business trip to Europe a couple weeks ago. He missed most of last week recovering. Monday morning, he said he was finally feeling better. It got me thinking about the fact that I have had a pretty decent run of good health lately--I haven't been to the doctor since before Robyn and I got married.
Jinxed.
I felt a little rough this morning after arriving at the office. By 10am, I knew something wasn't quite right. No energy. No appetite. Dizziness. Churning stomach. I very much felt like I needed to puke... but I couldn't... because I was at work and I couldn't leave... there is so much to do... plus I have my friends the auditors in right now... which makes me even more sick... I really don't like auditors.
By 1pm, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to get home or I was going to collapse on my desk. I stopped by the auditors' room to let them know that I was leaving for the day... to find that one of them had gone home sick with the same symptoms. So not only do the auditors make my job a living hell sometimes, they also get me sick? No fair.
I managed to stay awake while driving home, which is good. I slept for 5 hours or so, woke up to eat chicken soup and lime Jello. Lime Jello is awesome. It's almost worth being sick just to get chicken soup and lime Jello. I could do without the fever, though.
Currently watching: Simpsons rerun... Selma adopts a Chinese baby... Homer tries to steal a baby Panda bear... awesome.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How ironic, I had the same symptoms and experience at work on 2/1... I did not prefer the soup, but Jello I could have handled.
DUDE! There are sick people all over the place lately. My family, the staff at work, the kids at work, the kids at youth group, Jason's family. Some people have the stomach stuff and some have the cold/sinus stuff. I was so freaked out I went to Bigg's to get some sanitizing spray for surfaces at work and home. Even the guy who rang me up at Bigg's was coughing, into his hand mind you which was scanning my groceries and handing me my receipt. I've been washing my hands, wiping off the phone, spraying germs with no mercy and lo and behold, I was up all night last night coughing! SUCKS!
Post a Comment