Saturday, February 25, 2006

Girls' Night Out (well... Girls and Toby)

I almost never remember my dreams. Thus, when I do wake up and recall anything, I try to share it with Robyn. She remembers most of hers, so she appreciates hearing my occasional story. While I was asleep last night, apparently I went to L.A. to be in the audience for Idol. After the show, I got to go backstage to hang with folks. Of course, to get there, I had to take this crazy wacked out elevator that went diagonal up to the 7th floor. 'Twas there that I hung out with Simon (apparently we're friends now) and we discussed all the reasons Chris Daughtry should be the Season 5 winner. He was, not surprisingly, much more down to earth than he makes himself appear to be. (We're friends now, like I said, so I can evaluate his personality.) Then I got back on the mindboggling elevator and went down to the 4th floor (which was, predictably, the Taylor High School gymnasium), where my cousin Julie and I competed in a 2-on-2 volleyball tournament. Unsurprisingly, the volleyball was actually a really big fluffy marshmellow. All in all, it had everything one could ask for in a dream.

Ok, on to the picture portion of the blog... I am not the prettiest sight in the morning... Daddy was still in the waking up process when Toby was ready to smile...

Toby was all excited for yet another installment of Girls' & Toby's Night Out, certainly something that the poor kid will have to endure for years to come. Just kidding... I used to get to be a part of girls' night out while growing up, and it was fun. Face it... little boys love being the center of attention, and when the audience is a bunch of babes (like Mommy), life is good. And to truly make a good impression with the ladies, you gotta wear a sweet outfit. Toby blessed the ladies by wearing his polar bear outfit. Complete with ears. I'm guessing he knocked 'em dead, cause he's such a stud.

(Meanwhile, I, the Governor of the Cheese, was fortunate enough to hang with Minefield and Chronicles. And if you don't understand that statement, you just aren't cool enough.)

"Come on, Mommy, I'm ready... did I mention I hate this seat??? Let's go!"

No comments: