Somebody please help me. If there was ever a time to post a comment and give your opinion, now is that time. As Jack Bauer would say, "THERE'S NO TIME!" so please post your answers to the questions below. I need your help.
My lovely wife is putting together Toby's baby book and needs answers to the following questions for/around December 28, 2005, aka The Birth of the Baby Goat:
(1) What were the major world headlines?
(2) What were the major local headlines?
(3) Who were the most popular entertainers?
(4) What were the most popular fashions and fads?
(5) What was the most popular song?
(6) What was the most popular dance?
I have no idea for #1... Bush's wiretaps? Continued war in Iraq? When was the WV miner tragedy? I feel like that didn't happen until January... I'd have to say that the Bengals' first playoff appearance since 1990 and Palmer's huge contract extension is #2. Or maybe also the ridiculous murder rate in the Nasty Nati... but I don't think we want to put that in the book... Could #3 be Kanye West and Jamie Foxx? Kelly Clarkson? Some movie star that I know nothing about? No idea for #4. Maybe "We Belong Together" or "Gold Digger" or "Breakaway" for #5? And of course, no idea for #6... is the Macarena still popular? What about the Mashed Potato? Or mayhaps the Genesis guys' I Can't Dance? I always liked that, but I am the quintessential white guy.
Seriously people, for the sake of my wife's noble effort to accurately record the status of the world around the time of Tobe's birth, I need your help. Please comment. And tell your friends to comment as well. Your efforts will be immortialized in Toby's baby book.
Friday, February 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
1. Probably the NSA wiretapping thing.
2. Can't help you there. :)
3. Jon Stewart is pretty big, as is Kelly Clarkson. Jamie Foxx is up there, for sure. George Clooney is having a big year, what with all his Oscar nominated movies late last year...
4. Cowboy-inspired clothes, particularly for women. Chunky necklaces? T-shirts with funny sayings and/or cartoon characters on them. Gaucho pants.
5. "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson was (is?) HUGE -- top of the charts, etc.
6. We have popular dances? :)
a little research has shown that on december 28, 2005 the number one single was bo bice's "Inside Your Heaven" - the year's biggest selling and most widely played album? mariah carey's "The Emanicpation of Mimi" (which i suppose goes to show that by sticking with jazz, blues, and the new dave matthews album, i didn't miss much this past year).
as a side note, i ought to mention: the smashing pumpkins are getting back together. this, my friend, is cause for joy... i think...
the popular dance is ALWAYS any dance that requires pelvis on pelvis grinding.
which reminds me, should there be parents handing out PELMETS at school dances???
you need to start spreading the gospel of the pelmet for those that don't know.
Post a Comment