Saturday, February 18, 2006

People Pleaser

He is at a really fun age right now (7 weeks). He's getting much better at holding his head up, which makes him easier to carry around. It almost seems like he's looking where we're going when I carry him around the house, kinda like where are we going, Dad? I don't know, it's just fun. Plus, he's smiling like a champ now. I really like him. And being smiled at is such a great feeling.

Last night, we went out to dinner with the McAllister and the Ema. I eat much faster than Robyn, so imagine how much faster I eat when she's holding the kid. I finished my meal pretty quickly, she was just getting started, so I took The Tobe and put him on my lap so that she could just focus on her meal. For the next 20 minutes, he was completely alert, completely calm, and just a ton of fun. After a little while, I got up and took him to the bathroom to change him. I was completely unprepared for so many people to ooh and ahh at my little dude and me as we walked past their tables. I must confess, it was pretty cool to have so many people obviously think that me and my son look good together as we walked by. A little ego boost that I probably didn't need, but gladly accepted. And ya know what, daggone it? We do look good together. Me and my boy!

There has been a request for more Toby pictures on Room113... and since I love to please people...





On a completely unrelated note, Robyn drew the names of all the fantasy baseball guys out of a hat late last night... Toby witnessed... although I think he was asleep... anyway, I was drawn first. Definitely didn't want that. I get #1 overall, but then no picks until #22 and #23... I'm bummed. Maybe West Cannon's presence in the other league's draft will bring me more middle-of-the-round luck...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAY BOY IS JUST SO CUTE.......HE LOOKS A LOT LIKE HIS FAVORITE COUSIN LAURA - GREAT GENES MAN!! HE IS ONE LUCKY LITTLE DUDE!