I'm rethinking it all. I can't make up my mind.
Will I really play it that often? Is this thing just going to sit in the closet after the first month? Am I ever going to spend any quality time practicing so that I'll get better at this? Could the money be better spent elsewhere?
I don't know the answers to all those questions, but I do know that I might be making a big musical purchase this weekend. My new fascination: the old-school pump organ. (Seriously, how cool would that look in my living room?!)
As it has been well-documented, I'm not a big impulsive spender. I'm trying to take my time. But I can't get these fascinating instruments off my mind. I'm trying to do my research so as to make a wise purchase if/when I buy, but there aren't exactly a lot of pump organ experts around here to consult. That's why I've made a new friend:
This guy is going to help me. These kinds of old-school music guys ROCK. They don't give a crap about the money, they just care about the music. I talked to this guy for 20 minutes on the phone earlier today, and made it very clear within the first 30 seconds that he won't be getting any business from me. See, I live many states away, but I found his website, and he seems to be an expert on these instruments, and I was wondering if he could answer a couple questions for me. And I think we're best friends now, and I'm pretty sure I'm invited over for dinner tomorrow night. I hope I can be this cool someday. And by "cool", I mean "selfless and generous to random people that I'll probably never even meet."
1 comment:
or you could buy a john petrucci signature model guitar for only $199 and do dream theater covers at church!
i can see the conservative west side congregation rocking hard then!!
blistering leads! heavy riffs! screaming solos!
hard and heavy progressive jesus rock! i mean, if neal morse can do it, why can't you?
Post a Comment