I like outfielders. I like watching them chase fly balls into the gap. I like watching them rob hitters of home runs. I like watching them throw runners out trying to take the extra base. And when they are named Josh Hamilton, I like watching them hit, too.
So... even though I have no idea where he would play (now that the savior has arrived), I'm guessing Dusty could find room to fit the AL Triple Crown leader into the lineup somewhere.
Josh Hamilton, I miss you.
It's fun to say that Xavier Nady is on pace for 324 home runs after swatting 2 on opening day, but that's obviously unrealistic. But now, it's June. It's no longer early in the season. And J-Hammy is on pace for 44 homers and 180 RBI. ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY.
If Jim Bowden would have been able to draft a freaking major league pitcher or 2 at some point during his tenure*, maybe there wouldn't have been a need to trade for Volquez. Could you imagine an OF that includes Hamilton and Bruce for the next couple years at league minimum salary?
*Please don't get me wrong... I was in favor of the trade before it happened, and I'm still in favor of it today. Voltron is silly good! I just wish the previous regimes could have obtained some quality pitching talent years ago so that ridiculous talents like Hamilton can be kept instead of dealt.
(It should also be noted that I wanted to get a "Rich Hill type talent" in return for a Hamilton or Votto or Encarnacion deal. In case you have been living underground, Volquez will be an NL All-Star while Rich Hill has been demoted to AAA, which further proves why I'm not a baseball executive.)
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like Josh Hamilton. On my trip to Dallas in February I toured the ballpark at Arlington a snapped a photo of his locker. And I told their closer, CJ Wilson, that they'd love having him as a teammate.
That said, he needed to go. His connection was with the Narron's. In the midst of injuries, when he had accomplished very little, he had already made demands that if John Narron was gone, he was gone.
That's big talk from a guy who had accomplished nothing at the point. Many in the Reds clubhouse were angry and the relationship was beyond repair.
JHam was gone this year. Thankfully, they got Voltron to replace him. Call me a skeptic, but I'd be shocked if Hamilton doesn't hit the DL at least once before the end of the season.
But if he does win the Triple Crown, more power to him. And then he can spend the offseason whispering of holdout until the Rangers get him Dunn-like money.
PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING..!!!
What it's all 'bout !!
I'm looking for that once in a life time Sandy Koufax to come down the pike on draft day. Rare Meat..!
Me likes the Voltron,..did since spring camp....the man is dirty.!
Dan
Post a Comment