Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Furthering My Disdain of All Things A-Rod

I don't like Alex Rodriguez. If you know me or are a longtime reader, you already know this.

Regardless, I'll happily add to the list of reasons to continue disliking the whiny little... female doggy. Thanks to Brian for alerting me to this fun article over at SI.com, which contains these excerpts about his wife's observations of his support during childbirth:

"The one nurse had a cold cloth on his head. The other nurse had the blood pressure on his arm. And my mother was like rubbing his back. And he is passed out on a couch. And I am there, in the middle of labor... (and) really, I am not being paid much attention to besides the doctor and a couple of nurses," she said. "And he is there moaning. In between pushing, I am going, `Honey, are you OK?' and `Are you breathing? Are you OK?'"

and...

"In the middle of the night, I realized that I needed to go to the hospital. I wake him up. The first thing that comes out of his mouth, `Can we call your mother?' ... A few hours later, I said, `I think you can call my mom now.' Uh, and the color came back to his face when I told him he could call my mom."

What a man! Let's see... how can we sum this up... His performance in the delivery room was slightly better than his performance in the playoffs? He passed out and hit the couch harder than he hit the ball after being dropped to 8th in the batting order in the playoffs? Somebody help me... we can come up with something good, I promise...

Speaking of men... EDINSON FREAKING VOLQUEZ! 5-1, 1.06 ERA, 11+K/9IP! Wow! And JOEY FREAKING VOTTO! The future is bright, Reds fans.

No comments: