Thursday, May 29, 2008

Broke Down

Apparently this getting in shape thing is going to be much harder than I thought. Last time I really got serious about losing weight, the pounds came off pretty quickly. Something like 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks and 10 more in the next 4. 25 pounds in 6 weeks.

That ain't happenin this time.

Sure, maybe I'm not going to the extreme like I did last time, but I'm getting pretty discouraged nonetheless. Eating a bunch of salads and training for a 5k has netted me a loss of approximately 1-2 pounds, an injured left ankle, a very tired right knee, a deflated ego, and a sudden discovery of some scary athsmatic symptoms when working out.

Just to add insult to injury, I woke up this morning, went on a ridiculous sneezing streak (didn't take my Claritin last night, paid for it this morning), and now I can't move my neck. And we're already short 2 guys for softball tonight. Chances are, if I can't turn my head to answer the phone, I probably can't play ball tonight.

Hmph. At least I'm not currently gaining weight. I guess that's a victory.

2 comments:

B-Call said...

go for Zyrtec.
its better.

brk said...

keep plugging away! you can do it!

so you know, i'm currently wrestling with my physical condition and am ready to try to get into shape.

you are not alone.