Monday, May 26, 2008

Actual Conversation I Just Had With My Wife

15 minutes ago, we finished off a conversation about the weekend and its events. After a few weeks of saying "God, I know we need the rain, but don't you know I just bought patio furniture?" we finally got a weekend conducive for grilling and outdoor food consumption. The new grill (I finally went and bought a propane tank...) was christened (Christened? Does the baptism of a grill require capitalization?) on Friday night.
  • Friday night was light... a couple New York strips adorned with peppercorn, Vidalia onions & green peppers, 5 ears of sweet corn in the husk, and (ahem) a veggieburger. After all, it was just 3 of us... (!)

  • Saturday night, 6 New York strips, a package of hot dogs, and (ahem) a veggieburger. This was for 6 adults and 7 kids.

  • Tonight, 3 pounds of pork chops with barbecue sauce, 8 ears of sweet corn, and (ahem) a veggieburger. We thought we might end up feeding more than the 5 adults and Tobe who showed up.
It was such a nice weekend. We enjoy hosting people. We enjoy the grill. We enjoy the patio furniture. Put it all together and you can't go wrong. The grocery bill is going to be ridiculous this month, though.

Back to the point of the post... Sometimes, I think random things are really funny. Not like LOL funny. Funnier than that. You know, the kind of funny when there is a satisfaction deep in your soul... well...

Me: (silently staring at the laptop screen)
Wife: Are you blogging?
Me
: No.
Wife: Are you just sitting there, thinking about your grill?
Me: No.
Wife: (staring at me, waiting for some sort of informative statement)
Me
: (in amazement) Actually... I'm thinking about blogging about my grill.

She knows me. Her first two guesses were pretty much dead on. And I'm a complete loser.

3 comments:

Darren said...

Ha!!!

Anonymous said...

You know what you haven't done? Announce NBDP's name to the interweb.

Anonymous said...

love it...i wish i could get ryan blogging again....