Thursday, November 30, 2006

John Piper, I Think I Love You...

...for these kinds of one-liners that I need to hear/read so desperately:
God isn't glorified by the prosperity Gospel. Prosperity is glorified. God is glorified when the value of his son is demonstrated in our choice of Jesus instead of comfort.
For Christmas, I want a new Reds jersey (preferably a custom Cooperstown "Oester 16" 1990 jersey with the World Series patch on the sleeve, but who's being picky?), a new laptop, a new iPod, an HD TV for watching the Bengals march through the playoffs, a new wardrobe, a bigger house, a nicer car, an old Telecaster, and a $25,000 gift certificate to Walt's BBQ. That's all I want.

For Christmas, all I need is Christ. All the comfort I need is in my salvation. Why do I desire the unnecessary?

1 comment:

B-Call said...

actually, that gift certificate to Walt's should be moved down to the "need" paragraph below its current spot in the "want" paragraph.
you need to edit that, buddy.