"I think rice is great if you're hungry and you want to eat a thousand of something."
The first time I listened to Mitch Hedberg (on a long car ride with Brooke), I laughed to the point of tears. I don't know many stand-up comics by name, but Mitch was without a doubt my favorite. He just flat out cracked me up every time I listened. And it hasn't changed. I still occasionally listen to that CD, and it hasn't gotten old yet. When he died, I was bummed. All the comic/musical geniuses die young.
Thankfully, there is now a Mitch Hedberg Random Quote Generator. Life is now better. (Please note that there is a consistant amount of profanity in his material, so don't blame me if you are offended.)
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
indeed. mitch hedberg is my favorite stand-up comic of all time. his last disc mitch all together is phenominal, i've been meaning to collect his older ones.
Ahhhh...R.I.P. Mitch. Hopefully he is up in the big Quadruple Tree in the sky. I saw him twice and his innate and unique sense of humor was something to be marveled. It still makes me sad to this day to think about the loss of him, although it didn't surprise me at all. I remember hanging out with friends for weeks afterward, and it constantly coming up. It is strange and amazing how someone in such a non-essential line of work can affect people he does not even know personally so much. I guess everyone needs to laugh.
Post a Comment