Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"A day too late and a buck too short now"

(Props to anyone who correctly identifies the post title lyric's author.)

I'm always behind the times, especially when it comes to technology. I recently started purchasing high-speed internet for the first time. I didn't get my now-defunct (R.I.P.) iPod until Christmas 2004. I'm currently posting this on a 4+ year old crappy laptop that has no functional CD burner and just 512MB ram. We still don't have cable, let alone hi-def/digital/satellite/etc. I was way behind the times on the lifechanging goodness of Google Reader. And the newest addition to this ever-expanding list?

I'm addicted to Pandora. Not yet willing to download what Justin says is a better program in LastFM, I have found the goodness of quasi-personalized free internet radio. It's a very cool thing... I've already "discovered" a few artists that I'd never heard of. All because I typed in a few of my favorite artists and songs. Try it out. It doesn't suck.

4 comments:

B-Call said...

I'm sorry but I can't even venture a guess at the title. The only song I can think of have the name John Mellencamp next to the title.
Friggin' Chevy jerks.

Butros Butros said...

I know what it is...BT ya dig? werd.
Actually Scott you're not the only one behind the times...Though I do have a video iPod, wireless high-speed internet, a mac (thanks to my wife), and am ebay savy, I do not have cable, nor do I have high def, or dvr/tivo. In fact I only get 3 channels. Though we did buy one of those new fangled light up things they call... lamps.

scott d said...

Mellencamp needs to go away. Maybe we can get Issue "this is our country" on the March ballot and ban his sold-out butt from our televisions.

Good work, Tye. I was actually thinking maybe Brooke himself would be the first one in. I really really really really miss my iPod. Christmas is coming soon... maybe Santa will bring a replacement. Or Homie Claus. He'd be cool too.

brk said...

i was thinking myself wrote that song...but i wasn't sure. i thought i'd wait and see. how embarassing would that be if i messed up! although you know i can't remember my own lyrics very well.

ps-does anyone else notice the handicap logo next to the word verification?