Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fall Wknd, let's do it again...

I played in the band with Brooke and Tye and a few others this past weekend up at Campbell Gard. Could it have possibly been the best band a Cincinnati YL event has ever seen? Who knows. All I know is that next weekend, I'm flying solo. That's right, Scotty D, the guy who listens almost exclusively to country music and talk radio, will be leading songs by the All-American Rejects, Yellowcard, The Fray, etc., all by myself on acoustic guitar. It's all good, though. I used to play some rock-n-roll back in the day and I think I can remember how to do it effectively.

Really, how bad can it be? I mean, Hobbs is gonna join me on bongos. Cannon will be there to provide occasional guitar assistance, you know, when he isn't the Burger King. What could possibly go wrong?

Rumor has it that there was a very large spider on my pillow last weekend as I slept on the concrete floor, since there was no room at the inn. I never saw the little fella, but Tye swore it could have eaten my face. Maybe I'll get a mattress this weekend.

No comments: