- "It's clear that you are all I need, so why do I strive for something else?"
- "That's why I'm here tonight, 'cause I don't want to stay in hiding anymore."
- "I'm letting go of all I've been holding on to for way too long."
- "Nearer than ever before, but still so far away..."
- "It's about enough to bring a man to tears, but I know the one thing that's keeping them from falling: there's too many people here, I can't let 'em see me."
- "I know you know how good I could be for you."
(By the way, all of these gems and many many more are available on my CD, which can be heard at myspace.com/scottduebber or purchased by contacting me via email: scott at impactwest dot com. There, I'm done. The "I'm a pathetic self-promoting whore" part of this post is now complete.)
But never has a lyric brought me to tears (of pure confusion) moreso than this one:
I know that I must do what's rightIsn't that beautifully clear as freaking mud?!?! As is typically the case, first commenter with the correct artist and songtitle wins a cookie. No googling!
Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside
4 comments:
I BLESS THE RAIIIIINS DOWN IN AAAAAAFRICAAAAAA
woo, love that song
i owe you a cookie, kind sir.
isn't that too many syllables for one line?
how do you fit that into any beat or rhythm?
you don't. it doesn't fit. it's a mess. a beautiful mess. and i'm still confused as crap.
Post a Comment