Sunday, April 30, 2006

On his 57th Birthday Found Out it Wasn't His?

Grandma and Grandpa made it. 60 years of marriage. They try to play it off like they don't like each other sometimes. I don't buy it. Nobody can spend 60 years with someone without love and dedication and appreciation. I have attached photographic evidence that they don't hate each other. 60 years, 4 children, 9 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren thus far. All the kids and grandkids are good folks. It's a good family. Kinda kooky sometimes, but what is a family without a few weirdos, right cousin Kabaka???

One of the things I really really really wanted was to get a 4-generations-of-Duebber-men photo. The only male grandchild with the Duebber surname (other than me) is my cousin, Marc. He has two beautiful daughters and has had the dreaded procedure that begins with the letter 'V'... you know, the procedure who's mere mention strikes fear in men's hearts 'round the world and inspires crotches everywhere to cringe. Needless to say, there shall be no more babies fathered by him.
That left all the pressure of carrying on the Albert E. Duebber name squarely on my shoulders. And now we have a Toby. And Toby bears the name. And today, we got a few pictures of me and The Tobe with my dad and my grandpa. I don't think I've ever seen my grandpa hold a baby before. Today, he held Toby for probably 15 minutes. I was moved. It was one of those moments I'm going to hold onto in my mind. After all, not everybody gets to see 4 generations together. Tonight, my grandfather held my baby. Cue Kenny Chesney's "The Good Stuff"...

7 comments:

brk said...

dudemandude...hopefully you're not sweating the "v" procedure.

after all our wives have to go through, and all they do for us, we as men should happily and proudly go through with it as it's less painful for us then them...unless the doctor botches the operation.

B-Call said...

YOU'RE ON CRACK!!!
Ask my boy Nick about his "procedure". If you want to smell your vas defrons melt away, then you need some hard core drugs. don't do it.
nobodys touching my stuff with a hot iron.

brk said...

i've heard about some botched procedures from friends...i've also heard that a botched procedure for a man is less painful than a normal procedure for a woman.

you owe it to her.

B-Call said...

the only thing i owe my wife is a backrub and more downtime for her.
what i don't owe her is a needle to my region and MELTED VAS DEFRONS.

scott d said...

I was not trying to debate the "V" word. In fact, it hurt me to simply think of the "V" word. I will not discuss this again for at least 5 years. No mas.

And Brooke, I'm rescinding our friendship. I love my wife dearly. Just like I don't remind her of how something felt December 28th, I expect her to not discuss something that she knows I'm terrified of that doesn't need to be discussed for years. I love you man. (And I need my lawnmower back before the friendship can officially be finished.)

brk said...

wow. touchy subject. my apologies. forget i mentioned it.

Anonymous said...

Would have been better if Tobe was wearing items from: www.pimpfants.com