I'm praying for Kabaka Aba, not because I agree with him, not because I like him... just because it shouldn't have gone down the way it did. There are plenty of people in this world that I don't see eye to eye with, but that does not make it acceptable for me to resolve differences with gunfire into their bodies. I actually kinda like The General... he makes for very entertaining radio, especially when he's on with everyone's favorite piece of crap Willie Cunningham. I heard the audio feed from City Hall-- the gunshots are very clear on tape, followed by council quickly adjourning. Scary stuff.
Violence is not the answer. I joke about violence sometimes, and maybe I shouldn't. I don't make light of rape, so why should I make light of murder or attempted murder or anything having to do with the intent to physically harm someone out of anger? In fact, I'm going to amend my post from the other day about the Nazis. I don't wish death upon anyone for being ignorant, no matter how foolish and ignorant they might be.
In other news, I still haven't completed my taxes, although I'm much closer than I was just 4 hours ago.
Also in other news, the church did a great job helping my family today. And when I say 'the church', I mean Heather. Robyn is sick and doesn't have the ability to adequately take care of The Tobe by herself right now, and I had a big deadline at work today, so I decided to ask for help. Heather is one of the fantastic people in our Sunday night small group and has said on several occasions that she's always willing to help. Sure enough, within a couple hours, she was taking care of my wife and my son while I worked on my project. In 5 hours of selflessness, she saved my marriage, my job, and my sanity. And I am full of appreciation. I heard she likes Starbucks' hot chocolate... that might be on the docket in the near future...
And in still more other additional subsequential forthcoming news... Robyn is feeling better, which is very good, cause if she any worse than she did I'd be taking her to the ER. It was that bad. It still is that bad. But 'better' is progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SCOTT:
HAVE YOU HEARD "THE GENERAL" TALK ABOUT THE POLICE? HE IS NOT A VERY NICE PERSON AND I DO NOT LIKE HIM - YOU PRAY FOR HIM CUZ' RIGHT NOW I THINK HE IS A TERD!
YOUR FAV. COUSIN
Laura,
Please note that I did not say he was my favorite person or that I agree with him. But just like I am a dirty sinner that needs Jesus (and also just like you who are a dirty sinner that needs Jesus), Kabaka is a dirty sinner than needs Jesus. He needs prayer just like I (and you) do. We're all in the same boat.
Yes, I've heard him talk about police (or "the PO-lice" as he says). No doubt, he probably won't be on your Christmas card list this year. Understood. And while I think he's as wrong as he could be, try to walk a mile in his shoes. Imagine growing up in a family vastly different from the loving home you've always known. Imagine being raised without two loving parents. Imagine that you are black and imagine being told daily thoughout your childhood that the white man is out to get you.
I've always been quick to judge, slow to imagine myself in the situation. Thing is, I am not the judge. I think Kabaka is somewhat loony, but I hope he gets better. Death is rather final, you know.
See you at Easter dinner!
Post a Comment