Thursday, April 13, 2006

Breaking Through the Clouds

I'm man enough to admit that I cry periodically. Not as frequent as daily or weekly or even monthly, but also not so infrequent as annually. If the end of Big Fish is on, expect a huge breakdown. If my wife just gave birth to my firstborn son, consider me a mess. If I'm emotionally spent and completely incapable of functioning any more, a tear might be the net result.

The Seder meal was tonight. Them Jews eat some pretty good food. But the reason for this post is to document that me and Yahweh had lunch together this afternoon, I prayed to him, I sang to him, I meditated on the Passover plans, and broke down. It felt wonderful. My God felt very near.

-It would have been enough had he created me and not had such great love for me.
-It would have been enough had he loved me and not offered me forgiveness.
-It would have been enough had he forgiven me and not wanted a relationship.
-It would have been enough had he given me fellowship with him and not offered me eternity.
-It would have been enough had he given me eternity and not given me the Holy Spirit.

But that's the kind of God I serve. He pursues me. He fills my cup until it overflows, and then he gives me more.

Dayenu.

2 comments:

B-Call said...

dude, what's all this freaky, deeky dutch you're speakin' in???
what about the end of Field of Dreams??? i know you're cryin' at the end of that movie. i do.
that, and when i look in my mailbox and find that 25 out of 25 emails is spam.

Ceen_Marie said...

Amen. Dayenu. It would have been enough. Amen and Amen.