Today (Opening Day) was the coldest sporting event I've been to since the Bengals-49ers game a few years ago when Rudi ran for 170-something yards and all 60k fans except for me had flasks of hard liquor to keep warm. The seats were great (7th row behind Cubbie dugout. The company was fantastic (Levon, my dad, and Uncle Al). The first pitch was quality (W is the only ceremonial first pitcher to throw from 60'6"). The military flyover was SWEET (4 Blackhawks at a very low elevation). The game was horrible. Adam Dunn feels more comfortable in LF??? I'd hate to see him at first if he's uncomfortable there. He could not have been much worse defensively than he was. On the bright side, I did get to put an annoying Cub fan in his place when he said something about the final score looking like the Bears beating the Bengals by a touchdown: "Yeah man, just remember that the Bengals kicked the Bears' butt at Soldier Field last year."
Tye's wedding week was busy. Being a best man is such a huge honor, but it can also be a ton of work. This week was certainly both. Their wedding was the most beautiful I've ever been to. It was so unique, so intense, so Godly. And as much as I want to talk about the bachelor party that was my fault, I probably shouldn't... (!)
Robyn made a good point: "You picked a bad week to give up the internet. You didn't have any time to be on it anyway." True enough, but it was still good. I got some good time with The Tobe when I might have been blogging or otherwise wasting time.
I'll try to write soon about the past week. I'm still trying to digest it all. Speaking of digestion, here is a pic from Tye's wedding reception of Aidan digesting a blanket and The Tobe looking all jealous that he isn't the one eating.
Challenge of the Day... Write a good caption for this photo.
3 comments:
The Tobe: "So, me and my friend Harry, we're gonna open our own pet store."
Aiden (muffled by the towel): "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."
The Tobe: "Don't you know I can eat you? Man, I crap bigger than you."
dude!! did you REALLY sit with Uncle Al????
omg - he's like a childhood legend!!
Aidan: MMm blanket.
Tobe: Mmm giant bald chicken.
Aidan *looks around*: Are you talking about me.
Tobe *making spit bubbles*: Hey I'm just a baby I'm to young to even be aware of cannibalism and it's societal consequences.
Aidan: Oh ok *looks around, chews blanket*
Tobe *smiles sinsiter...ly.*
Ok so I suck at captions and am now firing myself from school.
Post a Comment