I decided I wanted to get a counter for the site here. It's one of those freebies. Maybe it will be gone by tomorrow. Who knows. But I must say I found it hilarious when I was modifying the html on the counter display to read "number of hits since 4-20" and then I realized how funny that sounded. So happy 420 to everyone. Gosh, I remember 420 in high school, I kinda knew what 420 was but I kinda didn't. Then the Columbine shootings were on 4-20 the same year a classmate threw a big 'get high' party. I never smoked, but that was the year I finally figured it all out. So happy day to all of you, especially you crazy Rastafarians.
(420 Sidenote: Tye, who loves being mentioned in the blogosphere, was a contestant on Sports or Consequences today and won a family 4-pack of Chipotle burritos in honor of 420. And his question... who were the first 2 Reds taken in the inaugural amateur draft, back in 1965? The correct answer will be posted sometime soon in the comments section. No cheating. Don't look it up. Take a guess. Need a hint? Both of them had successful major league careers, both of them won Rookie of the Year honors, and both of them played prominent roles in the 1975 World Series.)
Idol is down to the Top 6. Finally, Ace got sent home. I always felt violated after his performances, like I was being seduced by him in my living room via TV. I didn't like it. So Chris, Taylor, Elliot, Katharine, Paris, and Kellie remain. Kellie needs to go home next. Check out www.votefortheworst.com if you need more reasons to not vote for her. If Kellie is voted off next week, this would be one heck of a Top 5.
I've finally found a new financial advisor. My friend Lenhoff bailed on me after finding the grass greener on the extremely wealthy folks' side of the fence. No hard feelings. So now Boyd at Huntington is the man I turn to with all of my investing/retirement questions. He offered to take me out to lunch to take a look at my 'portfolio', I said heck yeah, he said "how about IHOP?" I said heck yeah, as it is walking distance from my office and higher quality than gas station hot dogs. Upon arrival, he told me that his co-workers made fun of him for taking me to IHOP. He didn't understand why. Neither do I. What's wrong with IHOP??? Apparently, a financial advisor is supposed to take clients somewhere 'nicer', like Max & Erma's. But you can't get a huge omelette at Max & Erma's. Would you be offended if someone took you to IHOP on business? I'm curious...
I bought a wok. It's a very lovely wok. I have attempted to cook Thai food twice since the purchase. I will become a Thai food master. Oh yes, I will. So far so good, as last night's meal was tastier than the night before.
One last thing... "my favorite cousin" Laura will probably forever refer to me as "Cousin Kabaka" ever since the friendly discussions from Easter evening. Good stuff. R.I.P., General. I wish you would have pulled through and realized how hard the police tried to save your life when you were lying in the street dying.
Please respond now to the baseball trivia question, Idol, the IHOP situation, my wok, or post your favorite 420 story. You know you want to.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
FYI, 13 of the hits to this site (hits since 4-20, of course) were me trying to get the dang thing to look right. Even still, somebody must have a lot of time on their hands if this many people have been here in the last couple hours.
I think Boyd is a very cool man simply for the fact that he took you to IHOP. I have talked to Boyd on the phone before, never met him though. IHOP rocks. Max and Erma's--kind of over-rated. Oh, and on another note, I will never chant "Kabaka" to your son. I'm staying out of that one. Laura, if you happen to read this: I think we both know who grandma's favorite is. :)
Who is Grandma's favorite???
Grandma doesn't have a favorite really, but since Laura always makes her tell her she's number 1, grandma taunts back telling her that I'm actually the favorite grandchild. Laura gets competitve and I just like to joke with her about it.
ladies and gentlemen, please welcome aaron burgess to hell... err... the blogosphere. contrary to what some might believe, he is not a cult leader. he is my pastor. i've never given him a dime. nor have i ever drank any of his 'jesus juice'.
aaron will likely write some things about philosophy/theology/knuckleballs that will blow your mind. if you're interested in having your brain stretched and learning about his neverending pursuit to pitch for the Cincinnati Reds, stop by http://symbolicorder.blogspot.com/ frequently.
(I'm guessing that link won't work, because nobody has ever taught me how...)
the difference between IHOP and M&E's you actually might get service at an M&E's.
that said... you cannot beat the rooty-tooty-fresh-n-fruit. it simply cannot be done. and their omelets are also incredibly tasty - i dream of one day being able to cook an omelet like they do.
Well, now that I have been sucked into your twisted little "read my blog, read my blog" world, and I am too stressed to do anything worthwhile with my life, and I wouldn't want to be called a blog stalker...I guess I better comment.
First of all...the Thai food is gone, so you better get on that.
Boyd should take me to IHOP...he has "my" money too, and I LOVE breakfast!
Toby is gma's favorite...out with the old, in with the new! You can't tell me Ceen is cuter than good old Tobe.
And Justin Hall-you can feel free to make me an omelet whenever you want. You are a fine cook!
okay...it's totally not about cuteness. It's about character, value and personality. So, considering that the Tobe cannot yet speak, and must rely entirely on his cuteness (which I will not attempt to deny) I'm afraid that I am still the favorite grandchild. He could, however, be the favorite great-grandchild.
Dang... I'm really hoping some of you fine folks have a 420 story or 2... Cally?
Ok, wife, since apparantly we now have a blogging marriage that resembles the Hamricks', I would like for you to post an apology for making me sound like the only way I communicate with you is over the internet. And yes, I'm fully aware that I'm asking to you to do this over the internet.
Justin, as for the omelette you will be making my wife, their secret is adding pancake batter in with the eggs. It makes them thicker. And yes, the IHOP service didn't exist. My beverage container was empty 95% of the time--although the non-server did redeem herself by offering me a refill in a 'go' cup.
Ceen, sorry, but The Tobe is my favorite natural-born Duebber. Robyn is my favorite Duebber, but she is a Goodridge by blood, so she can't count in this argument.
COUSIN KABAKA:
LET'S CLEAR THE AIR! I AM THE FAVORITE - JUST SO YOU KNOW CUZ' RIGHT NOW YOU ARE ALL IN DENIAL. ALTHOUGH TOBY AND COLLEEN RUN A CLOSE 2ND (SORRY GUYS - IT'S JUST THE TRUTH) AND IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO GO TO WWW.MYHERITAGE.COM AND UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO TO SEE WHICH CELEBRITY YOU LOOK MOST LIKE. APPARENTLY - I RESEMBLE CHARLOTTE CHURCH, ANDREW RESEMBLES ALEC BALDWIN AND ALLISON LOOKS MOST LIKE HEIDI KLUM. QUESTION - WHY COULDN'T I LOOK MOST LIKE SUPERMODEL HEIDI KLUM? OH WELL, NEVER MIND THAT CUZ' I HAVE IT ALL WHERE IT REALLY COUNTS - AFTERALL, I AM GRANDMA'S FAVORITE!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!
LAURA
here you go. this didn't happen on 4/20, but it did happen while celebrating all the great things that go with 4/20. my friends and I were tokin' some up at my friends house and we got the idea to light his dogs farts on fire with the lighter, since this particular hound had some nasty gas problems. so, as my friend was chasing his dog with an aim 'n flame, he ignited the dogs tail instead of the gas shooting out of the dogs anus. so, now my friend is chasing his flaming dog with with a swinging pillow trying to put the fire out. meanwhile, i'm just on the couch cracking up. i think i peed my pants. one of the funniest things i've seen, ever.
the only story that i have from 4/20 was when i got the munchies really bad and slammed a box and a half of twinkies, three soft tacos and the majority of a two liter of mr. pibb.
there you go. did that meet your expectations?
oh yeah, and I also forgot to mention something that would make the first story better.
my friends dog was a chahuahua named Ren.
oh yes, expectations met. good work.
just so you know, hits 151-160 were all me just going back and forth to boost your tally.
you can thank me later.
I've seen the show about 1.5 times and I have consistantly voted for Paris and the bald guy.
Will you do me a favor and ask your wif if she will be free May 13th (Saturday). I need her and the Tobe to try on bridesmaid dresses.
Let's get one thing straight here... under no circumstances will The Tobe be trying on bridesmaid dresses. Got it?
Post a Comment