Here's the next blogging installment of my identity theft saga. Today, I found out about a 2nd account that was opened with my name and social security number. Apparently, the dude opened an account with Sprint/Nextel in my name, then used that phone account to open the Dell account. I don't really know how this all works, but it's incredibly frustrating. The address on the account is the same address the computer equipment was shipped to.
I will NEVER have a Sprint/Nextel phone. Holy crap... for a communications company to put a caller through automated menus and on hold for over a freaking hour today? Unreal. And you might think that a company that specializes in phones would be able to offer a reasonable connection while talking to a "helpful" representative, right? Guess again. No one I talked to spoke even reasonable English, and it sure sounded like they were all millions of miles away. Just horrible. I'll go without a cell phone before I'll ever pay a dime to Sprint/Nextel.
And get this: I'm still responsible for the bill until it is proven that I'm not responsible for the bill. In the meantime, they won't even tell me what I supposedly bought. They say it's my account and I'm on the hook for it, yet they won't even send me a statement or a proof of delivery of the goods!!!!!!!!
I have a Thursday morning meeting with the Cincinnati Police Financial Crimes Unit. Sounds like they want to get this guy. I'm not holding my breath. Cincy Police have a pretty bad track record in the majority of my interaction with them. I hope they redeem themselves later this week.
Identity theft sucks. I want to personally administer a beatdown to whomever is responsible. Of course, the problem is, I couldn't even hold my own with my 1-year-old, so I best just let the fuzz take care of it.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"I couldn't even hold my own with my 1-year-old,"
I hear ya. Aly kicks me in the nuts at least twice a day.
This id theft things sucks. I'll pray for you. I've got you with id theft and another friend that recently had his home burglarized. Great. I've got my paper-shredder and home security system on order right now.
I'll pray.
Post a Comment