Still on my mind... I had lunch with a good friend in Walnut Hills today. He works at my company's corporate office, where I used to co-op. We try to get together at least a couple times each year.
(Sidenote: Popeye's is the best fast food ever. Great chicken. Real dang good catfish. Good biscuits. Good spicy side dishes. Mmmmmmmmmmm... This is why I can't find my way back down under 200 pounds... end sidenote.)
I shared with him my current thoughts on sin, as discussed here 18 hours ago. He shared his current thoughts on what it means to have a relationship with God... how we should treat a friendship with God with even higher regard than we treat our other valued relationships.
We both prompted each other to evaluate ourselves. He with sin, and me with relationships. Throughout the day at work, I talk to Robyn a few times. As soon as I get home from work, I say hello to her and I play with my son. I try to keep up with all my human friends... but I spend very little time or effort talking and playing with God.
("Human friends"? Man... I sound like I've gone off the deep end... Scotty has a friendship with God, and he has human friendships, and then he has a few friendships with aliens from other planets... I'm going to bed...)
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment