I will never admit to being a regular viewer of any television program. I'm just not a big TV guy-- for the good of my relationship with my wife and hopefully also as a good example to my son.
But I'm a sucker for American Idol. I'm looking forward to hearing the new talent (and lack thereof) this season. Plus, Simon is probably my favorite TV personality ever. I love that guy.
During last night's Idol, I saw all those promos for Skating With Celebrities. I didn't think any of their supposed celebrities should be considered 'celebrities', I don't like figure skating, but I really like to see people fall down and potentially get hurt in embarrassing ways, so I watched. After the first segment, I said to Robyn, "this is HORRIBLE..." As the show concluded, I told Robyn, "Ya know, I'm never going to get that hour of my life back." Somebody keep me away from the TV. Or at least force me to watch Idol, and only Idol.
(update: Even Earl Pitts on 700wlw talked about how awful this show was on his 5:25pm segment earlier this evening. Pitts off!)
On the bright side, seeing (1) Dave Coulier skating with (2) Gillooly's victim made me think back to (1) the Full House days and (2) some hilariously inappropriate SNL skits, respectively.
(Keeping in the spirit of the Coulier link, I'm also a sucker for fun T-shirts. Any of these would be a welcomed gift... Seriously... my birthday is in June...)
Then it was time to change Tobe's diaper and go to bed. Sounds simple, right? Never! We can now add my shirt, my pajama pants, my slippers, and everything else within arm's length of the Pee Fountain to the list of things he's hit with his own urine. I was lifting his legs to clean his butt at the time of his relief... He even peed on his own face. I felt so bad that he got himself, but the whole situation was just hilarious. After a bath by washcloth and baby wipes, all was better. Kids are great. Seriously. You gotta get one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe I'm a big loser but I was impressed by the celebrity skating show. Maybe it's because I can't hardly make it around the ice rink once, let alone while dancing and spinning.
I like American Idol when the auditions are over. I think some of those poor people are a little slow and Simon is too mean to them. Also when he makes fun of people who can sing really well but are overweight. I want to punch his face.
Post a Comment