Winter Youth Retreat this weekend. Me, Robyn, and Toby will be gone for a few days. I'm pumped. One problem is that Jason Bast has set a minimum age requirement of 9th grade for students. So, officially, Toby is not old enough for this youth retreat. However, I'm overriding Jason's rule and instituing a special rule for babies:
All Tobys on the retreat must weigh at least 12-and-a-half pounds.
I recently mentioned that my son is gaining weight like a champ. His 4-week visit to the pediatrician was this morning. He left the hospital at 9 pounds 5 ounces. Doctors are happy as long as babies gain an ounce per week. Two weeks later, he weighed 10 pounds 4 ounces. Huge gain. Toby has gotten noticably bigger in the last couple weeks. I went on record and predicted today's weight to be 11 pounds 5 ounces, well more than the minimum suggested ounce per week. I was way off.
12 pounds 9 ounces. He was asked to gain an ounce per week. He gained more than a pound per week. He's in the 90th percentile of all 4-week-olds in length (22-and-a-half inches), and the 12 lb 9 oz puts him in the 97% percentile in weight.
Brian Callahan, how old was Aly before she reached 12 lb 9 oz? Any other parents out there? This kid is huge... Grandpa Bob might have a linebacker for a grandson.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not sure exactly, but I'm going to guess that Aly was about 7 or 8 MONTHS before she was 12lbs. She's like 19 now at almost 14 months.
The Tobe is friggin' huge.
Post a Comment