Wednesday, January 04, 2006

First: (1) Trip Outside (2) Bath, (3) Good Night's Sleep for Dad, (4) Dr. Visit

(1) With the relatively warm January weather, we decided (with Grandma Goodridge's help) that it would be a nice time to venture out into the wilderness. Of course, since the only places The Tobinator has been is in the womb, in a hospital, and home, the wilderness = the front porch. Regardless, it was a good excuse to get him all dressed up.
(2) This is the coolest kid ever. He only fusses when (a) his diaper is full of disgusting mustardseed human excrement or (b) he's hungry. So, he's much like me. Except I don't wear diapers or release anything that looks like what he releases. But I fuss when I'm hungry. OK, moving on... first bath... he didn't fuss! We got him all dried off, diaper put back on, dressed, and simultaneously said "good thing he didn't go on us, that would've been his chance..." when a nasty wet fart that would be considered a good one for a
Callahan erupted. Diaper change was as necessary as is possible.
(3) I ended up working a full day at the office yesterday. And things didn't go smoothly on the first day back... lots of accounting issues gone awry... (those of you who don't work in offices, just think 'messed up TPS reports'...) Robyn desperately wanted a shower last night, so I took him for awhile. I fell asleep holding him in our bed, and when Robyn came out of the shower, I still didn't really wake. Next thing I knew, sunshine was coming through the window. It wasn't great sleep, but it was the first nonstop 8+ hours for me in quite awhile. Robyn, of course, didn't do as well. But then again, she's the one with the milk.

(4) The sunshine coming through the window meant we were late in getting going this morning. We decided that anytime we need to be somewhere, we should give ourselves an extra hour at least the first few times until we figure out how to travel as a family of 3 instead of 2. We ended up not leaving for our 9:00 doc appt in Springdale until 8:57. I called ahead and told them it was our first time out of the house with the kid-- not surprisingly, they understood. Pretty cool stuff... he's a week old as of 10:28pm tonight, and he's almost back to his birthweight. The doc said he looks great. Now, come on, is that a 'duh' statement or what??? Of course he looks great... look at him...
I say bring on more visitors... obviously, the proud papa is an extrovert and wants to show him off. But Robyn, I think, is happy that the visitors have died down a bit... she's proud, too, but I think she's close to people overload. Basically, if you would like to visit, we'd love to have you. Just call first. Not that anyone reads this. So, mom, just call first. Thanks.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the pictures! Especially the one in the towel. Keep em coming! Pictures I mean, not babies. Not for a little while at least.

Anonymous said...

That is the most flippin cute picture of Robyn and Toby outside... He is awsome! Blessed are you both! Love.