Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's and Nipples

I spent the final hour of 2005 partying like I've never partied before--printing off the first 181 pictures of Toby. And yes, it was a party, as it was fun. And yes, it was like never before, because I've never been a parent before (and, truthfully, I've never rang in the New Year at the local Walgreen's Kodak machine, either). 181 prints, plus the index prints, plus the CD for archiving purposes... good thing Grandpa gave us each a green paper present with a picture of a former president known for the Civil War (and I don't mean Lincoln), cause this was an expensive photo run. And also, it was worth it.

I did make it back to the purple house in time to kiss my wife at midnight and drink a bottle of fake cherry flavored champagne. Dick Clark sure has lost a step or two, hasn't he? It's hard to call him a teenager anymore.
And how did Ryan Seacrest get so famous? He has Idol on Fox TV, Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year on ABC TV, and Casey Kasem's old Top 40 show on CBS Radio. Now all he needs is a cameo on My Name is Earl and land a part on... well, I can't name any WB shows, but if he could land a part on one, that would take care of essentially every conflict of interest that has ever existed for a broadcaster. Then maybe he could fill in for Al Franken someday on Air America and follow up the next day filling in for Glenn Beck on Premier... I'm thinking maybe my Ryan Cabrera Hypothesis might apply to this guy somewhere in his past, although I have no evidence to support that thinking.

This kid of mine wants to eat the world. Holy heck. He just sucks and sucks and sucks. I'm thinking I might start calling him Hoover. No... Oreck. Yes, Oreck. (Except doesn't Oreck market their product as being 8 pounds? Maybe Toby can be their 10 pound model.)

He's averaging eating for about 20 minutes every 90 minutes. So basically mommy spends a couple minutes getting ready to feed, then feeds him, then cleans up everything that Hurricane Toby gets messy during feeding, gets a 40-minute break, and is back at it. I've put a lot of thought into it, and I now think that my son is quite similar to most 16-year-old boys, as all he thinks about is boob.

Back to work in 6 hours. It's been a nice week+ at home.

No comments: