I saw this on the ESPN Sports Guy's links... if you loved Mike Tyson's Punch Out on NES, you'll love this... talk about guys with too much time on their hands... then again, I watched it and am suggesting you watch it too... so maybe I'm the one with too much time on my hands...
(Mentioning the Sports Guy from ESPN.com makes this the perfect time to tell Cally that he has received his link on the menu to the right. But I warn you, faithful readers, if you've ever been offended by something I've written, chances are, you'll be more offended by something of his...)
Sports (excerpt from today's Pete Bronson's Enquirer article)
"...maybe I should look into a 12-step plan for guys who have the TV-sports jones. It's a sickness. We get panicky for a fix, push aside our responsibilities and neglect our families to feed the habit. Then we sit nearly catatonic, nodding and muttering for hours, sacrificing entire weekends for a few brief touchdown thrills. I'm ready to give up spectator sports for something more healthy - like smoking crack..." (emphasis mine)Does that sum up anyone else's life ever since the BCS bowls kicked off? I'm bummed that the Bengals are out, but in a way I'm relieved... I can now go back to my regularly scheduled family life...
"Hundreds of years from now, I think historians of the future will scratch their cloned heads and wonder: Why did so many people care so much about something that meant so little?"
Speaking of that family life, Toby pooped all over everything mid-diaper change as soon as I got home from work, about an hour ago. Amazingly disgusting. There will be no pictures posted of that. You're welcome.
1 comment:
thanks for the link hookup.
and for the disclaimer.
i agree with the sports quote. i don't really know what i'm going to do between the end of this football season and the kickoff of the next.
i don't want to watch the reds this year, but i know i will because i'm shallow... and a ginormous SUCKER!!!
Post a Comment