Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quote of the Day (2-23-09)

I sing. It's one of the things I do. At church, I try to sing well. At home, sometimes I sing to be funny. It's fun to cut loose a nice loud obnoxious "DID YOU EVER KNOW THAT YOU'RE MY HEEEEEE-ROOOOOOOOW?" now and then. This oftentimes amuses Toby and gets Robyn to roll her eyes at me. Everyone wins.

Dateline: Yesterday, dinnertime, at the house. I had just walked in the door after the commute home. After some family banter, I unleashed a "BAILAMOS! LET THE RHYTHM TAKE YOU OVER, BAILAMOS! TE QUIERO, AMOR MIO..." It was much more
Chris Cannon than Enrique Iglesias, if I may say so myself, which I consider a victory, of course.

And... scene!

"BUY THE MOOOOOOOOOST! BUY THE MOOOOOOOOST! BUY THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!"

- Toby, running in circles around the living room, miraculously avoiding stepping on a large assortment of toys with his bare feet, smiling broadly with his hands above his head
Pure awesomeness. High comedy. Another reason to have a child.

No comments: