"I'm growing less and less satisfied with my trusty ol' Pimp Boat."The front brakes were making a nasty grinding metal sound. The heat wasn't working. I called a friend from church and asked him if he wanted the job, or if I should take it to the shop. He said, "Go to Auto Zone, pick up a rotor, front pads, a thermostat, and a gallon of antifreeze and meet me at my house in a couple hours."
--Yours Truly, 3 weeks ago
Deal.
$70 and 2 hours and an undisclosed interesting request of compensation later, I have new front brakes and heat. Good heat.
_______________________________________
This car is soooooooo good in the snow. We've had a bunch of it the last week, and the Boat sure seems to like it. Today, I had to go up Warsaw Hill at evening rush in a mini-blizzard. It's a tough hill. The Lexus in front of me didn't have a prayer. After I passed him, the freaking Jeep Cherokee wasn't making it either. Meanwhile, Buck the Wonder Buick laughed at all the cars on the side of the road.
(I thought about pulling to the side and showing the young lady in the Jeep how to put it into 4WD, as I'm sure that thing wouldn't have had any trouble, but I was too busy cruising up the hill, and my belly needed dinner!)
_______________________________________
I shan't speak a negative word about this car again. It's been way too faithful for me to nitpick. Cheap, reliable, comfortable transportation. $800 investment, 3+ years of loyal service to my family without anything more than normal maintenance.
(I think she's earned an oil change, too. Better get that done soon...)
No comments:
Post a Comment